Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Garmin for Panama - IT ROCKS!!

My new toy:
Garmin - $199.99 with a micro usb chip of the Panama map and its in Spanish but you can download the translation from the website to english.  Love it? OH YEAH! I left the directions in Spanish and hope Chris would pick up directions en espaƱol muy rapido.

I've gotten around the city with a few of the fellow moms with my iPhone map so far and it has worked but getting lost when we look for a two way street and get stuck in traffic is frustrating. With the Garmin, I  have the distance, the estimated time and the directions out loud without me getting into trouble when I say go right on a one way street.  Garmin PTY knows which streets are one ways always!


The Garmin has replaced me - yeah!!

Although, I love the Garmin, it gets annoying when its recalculating. Or it can take us in a big ol' circle when going on the loop de loop streets. But who cares!?! I just plug in the destination in, and let the driver (or myself) listen to the directions rather me look at the iPhone or do the talking.  The only thing it does not have is able to predict when it will rain and the outside temp.

I'm still figuring out the "Favorites" but as I speak, I am feeling more and more confident driving around the city.  I call that progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment